Welcome to my Blog

Writing For Fun, Friends & Family.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Half Marathon

Mumbai Marathon 2011
On Sunday 16th January'11, I ran my very first half marathon. It was something that I would never considered doing few months ago. But I guess I've changed a lot in past few months.

Being able to do this half marathon and finish it was a huge thing for me. Finishing was more then just running 21.097 km. Its was like breaking down a big wall in my life. I have been someone who hardly gives up easily. I truly showed myself that I am a lot stronger then I give myself credit for.

I now want to do more such marathon in my future. I think I will do a Full Marathon next year (Insha-Alaah). I had my amazing friend Rigan who accompanied me since the starting point to the finish line.


(L-R) Marise, Gunjan, Roncy, Me, Rigan & Anooj
People kept on cheering us on the whole way and kept us motivating to finish what we have started. We started the marathon in a group of my own company fellow members but later we got separated because of the crowd. Me & Rigan were together from the start to finsih. It was so fun when people would yell from the sidelines - "Come on U can do it...Just a few more miles to go". It gave us that energy to run more faster & complete it as soon as possible.

Crowd Cheering Runners
It was amazing experience of my life, I had never dreamt of running for Marathon ever before. This was my first attempt & I am proud I did it with ease.

Me & Rigan @ Finish Line
I just love it when you can prove yourself you can do something.
life is good...


Marathon Collage



Keep reading, commenting, enjoying & cheering your Life.


Luv u all,
sHeHzU

3 comments:

  1. waah waah..proud of u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job!!! Ur truly following ur resolution for this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anonymous - thank u

    @shannon - I'm trying my best to keep up my resolution...jan is about to end & I have still not broken my resolution....so happy..thnx for commenting

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...