Welcome to my Blog

Writing For Fun, Friends & Family.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Confidence

Me and My Confidence

I always feel I am blessed with many good things in my life. One of which is my confidence. My confidence is one of my greatest strengths. I feel I have amazing confidence levels and sometimes even I wonder at my optimism. My confidence radiates through me and at the first look I generally leave either of the two opinions on me for the people.

1. "He's very confident, he rocks. Yo!"
2. "He's very proud and he's egoistic. Duh!"

Unfortunately, my such a strong mental force makes few think I'm proud on the first note and it takes not much time for them to realize that the attitude is resultant of the confidence and love I have on myself. I'm very optimistic, self loving and highly self esteemed. I try to command recognition at every place.

Here are some of the ways I look life at and few instances that proved my confidence.

1. Almost three years ago I gave my Final year exam, I was confident about my result. My friends & my family members were very confident that I will surely clear my exam with flying colors. But I had my own confidence towards my result, I was confident I will surely get a KT in two of my subjects. I had a bet with my younger sister regarding my result & total number of subject I will surely flunk, she was very confident I will clear my exams without a KT but my confidence again proved me right & I flunked in two of my papers.

2. In my Orkut profile my friend wrote a testimonial that said, "Shehzad, what a personality… oodles of confidence, cool rocking attitude, always der to help out". Though I can say I have an attitude but I have no clue is it rocking or not, it is kind of opinion my friend has on me regarding my personality.

3. Recent instance was running for Mumbai Marathon (Half Marathon) which was 21 kms long. I never had an experience of taking part in such events nor I am an athlete by profession. But my confidence again proved me right, I took part in it & completed the race within allotted time. (Thanks to my dear friend Rigan & a stranger from KPMG) who kept on motivating me which helped me complete the race.

4. "The question is not who is going to allow you, but who the hell is going to stop you". - One of my favorite quotes (read it somewhere). Few other quotes I like are, "Walk not as if you own the road, but as if you do not care who owns it". and "Keep your attitude with yourself, I have mine."

5. Even under proven 99% chances of loosing, I fight, I bet and I believe I can make the rest 1% win over anything. I do not think that you can see more people who thinks in parallel to this. I'm such an optimistic fool.

6. I can do almost anything for a challenge. I have very high spirits and do not except my failure midway, thanks to my skills in the game of Cricket. Even if I fail, I say to myself - "I'm defeated, but not lost"

7. With a salary of just 18k take home now, I still believe and aim for launching a firm/company of my own. Being my own boss is something in my To-Do list in lifetime.

8. I really do not like to hear the words, "won't happen.", "impossible", "you cannot", "forget". I strive hard to prove the people who utter those words to me that they are wrong.

9. I consider myself intelligent and at the same time I can accept I do the most foolish and dumbest acts one can ever think of.

10. I believe in confidence & self-confidence but I try to stay away from over-confidence. I had many such experience where my over-confidence brought me back to reality & then I realise being confident is far better then being over-confident.


Keep reading, commenting, enjoying & cheering your Life.


Luv u all,
sHeHzU
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...