Welcome to my Blog

Writing For Fun, Friends & Family.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Observations of a Sober Mind

I don't drink alcohol..are u Shocked? Don't be its not a big deal. I still go to parties - I have Diet Coke, or water, or some random juice but I enjoy being at parties.

If someone asks me why I don't drink, I simply tell them it’s prohibited in my religion so just can't have it. But I don't understand why some people (friends of mine) refuse to say they don't drink. They pretend the soda has alcohol in it, or they'll order some drinks so they'll *look* like they're drinking. I asked them, and they say they're too embarrassed but they couldn't explain why. It's a mystery. Having been a sober observer at several parties I often wonder, why people get drunk!

Am I missing something? Is there a social stigma attached to being a non-drinker? I'm a little dense about these matters. But being a non-alcoholic person I usually observe people @ parties. Here are some observations I had from few of the parties.


1) People deny that they’re drunk.
Standard statement - “But I’m not even that drunk you know. Like I’m little high, but I’m totally fine.” And then they fall out of their chair, offer a sheepish expression, and run to the bar to order another drink.


2) Start revealing other people’s secrets.
A drunk person loves to spill the beans and potentially ruin relationships. It’s not because they really intent to say, they just can’t help it. The secret telling can occur in two ways. The first is revealing a major secret as a casual aside.
Say you’re at a party with your friend and you see the “it” couple walk in together. A drunk person will spill the bean and say, “I can’t believe they both r carrying on.” You will be like, “WTF? He hits her?!” and the drunk friend will respond, “Oh my god. I can’t believe I just said that. No one knows. Promise me you won’t say anything!”


The other way to tell a secret is more intense and direct. A drunk person will usually corner you and be like, “I have something to tell you, but you cannot say anything to anyone about it!” You will be like, “OK. What?’ and the drunk friend will grab your hands and shake them, “No. I’m serious. This is some serious s**t!” It can go on like this for 5-10 minutes before they finally spill out. Depending on the secret, they might even cry which is super annoying and unfortunate because it’s like, your friend started crying for some weird secret & then they try to dry those tears ASAP and start moving back to the party. Drunken freak!


3) Become angry/sad/happy in the span of ten minutes
Alcohol has a tendency to take you on an emotional roller-coaster. One minute you’re drowning in a sea of happiness and the next you’re just drowning.
You’re crying for some crazy shit & yell how no one will ever love you. You are Happy about something & then suddenly something pops up in your mind and u r totally pissed off with it. Alcohol can punk you like that. It will be like, “I’m going to take you on a funny crazy ride and then drop you off on the corner of Darkness and Tears. Bye!”


4) Silent Creature
After crossing the drinking limit, some of my friends just sit in a corner without uttering a word as if they are in some deep thinking or need some peace of mind. Sometimes I think y do they behave like this & what all thoughts might be going in their mind.


5) Over smart/most intelligent person in the crowd.
Suddenly your friend become an expert on every subject discussed over the floor. He knows everything and wants to pass on his knowledge to anyone who will listen. At this stage he believes whatever he is saying is 100% RIGHT. And of course the person whom he is talking to is very WRONG. This makes for an interesting argument when both parties are SMART.

6) Perfect Guy for any Lady @ the party
Suddenly your friend start believing he is the BEST LOOKING person @ the party and most of the Beautiful Ladies have started fancy him. He goes up to a perfect stranger behaving as if he knows the person from a very long time & she really fancies him and really wants to talk to him. Beer in his mind makes him think he is still SMART, so he can talk to this lady about any subject & she will listen to him without any hesitance as if she know him since ages. A little more courage all because of the alcohol make him to ask the lady to join him for the dance as if he is the Best Dancer over the floor & the lady just wanna have a ball of time with him.


7) Muscular/Heavy weight Champion
Suddenly when someone disagree with your friends views, he is ready to pick fights with anyone and everyone especially those with whom he have been betting or arguing. This is because he thinks nothing can hurt him. At this point he can also go up to the partners of the people who he fancy and challenge to a battle of wits or money. He have no fear of losing this battle because as I said He thinks he is SMART, He is Muscular and overall he is Drunk!


8) Singer/Dancer/DJ etc
This is the Final Stage of Drunkenness. At this point he can do anything because NO ONE CAN TELL HIM ANYTHING cause he is fully drunk. He starts dancing on a table to impress the Lady who he fancy because he thinks he is the next Dancing star of India & have done his dancing diploma from a very reputed dancing academy. He starts yelling the song which is played in the background thinking he is the next Indian Idol & people in the party is enjoying his lovely vocal. He starts shouting at the DJ to play his favorite song when the DJ tells this is the last song for the night. But before the DJ could stop playing he keeps on yelling DJ SUCKS (forgetting that he just had a blast because Mr. Dj played some of the best music for him).


These are few observations which I had over few parties, I know many people have better observation than me but getting deeper into this topic would spill out some very inside view of drunk person which I would not get into it right now.

Drinking to make yourself feel better is probably the worst idea imaginable because it’ll just magnify what you were feeling sober. The next day, you’ll feel physically sick and full of regret on top of your depression. Yes...No...Maybe (depends upon ur perception about Alcohol).


Keep reading, commenting, enjoying & cheering your Life.

Luv u all.
sHeHzU

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...