Welcome to my Blog

Writing For Fun, Friends & Family.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Life in School


School life was real Fun....That was the real Life in every sense - meaningful, interesting n enjoyable. I've tried my best to enjoy every moment of it n regret having had to grow up. Life was easy when I was a kid, no unnecessary tensions...problems...a care-free life. Life was soooo perfect & entertaining.

I've had my fill of skool life - lots of teachers, scores of friends, unlimited entertainment. I've relished every single day I've gone to school, even the exams coz exams at that level were such a drag...3 hours n 100 marks n epics to write. How we friends used to signal each other during exams with our fingers for answer to fill in the blanks, match the column, true or false...

School...(a normal day scenario in my best friend life during school days) Every morning he woke up late, dressed up as fast as he could after the world's fastest bath, and ran like hell to reach before 7:10am. As always, he used to reach at 7:15 (despite of living nearby the school n that too coming all da way on his bicycle), it was then he realized that he was definitely not alone!! He always had company who also stayed nearby and were among the late comers. And when he could finally reach in time on any day, it was then he realized that he hadn't cut the nails (so he ate them up as fast as he can!!), he hadn't polished his shoes (so he used the back of his socks as fast as he can!!), Loose Socks!! (start looking in his pocket for the emergency rubberband!!), Tie doesn't have a proper knot (tie it!!!!!), The Green House badge is missing (beg for one around!!) and after all those efforts, he would end up caught for coming last when the door was about to close!!! I wish I was in School again....

Inside the class, you cursed the teacher for remembering the homework (of course when you didnt do that!!). And when she asked us, the best reason that still works many times...."Ma'm I did the Homework, but I forgot the copy". And as most of the time...me and my friends were punished for not bringing the copy & we were sent outside the class where we continued talking till the period gets over!!! (coz it was the same reason which we friends used to give on a regular basis to the same teacher!!!) And then cursed the teacher for slapping us in front of the class. I wish iIwas in that class again...

In the Break: We thanked God for the food we ate during recess, the game we played, the gossiping we did, back-bitting of friends, looking at gurlz n telling our friends that she is mine so don't u dare look at her :-)

The recess, play time n the assembly...I guess no one can ever forget that moment of life....

Fights were common. The one who did not obey the groups orders was excluded from the group and no one would talk to him. Those were rules. Group rules that were subject to change...any moment. Coz if your friend breaks the rule, the rule was changed. And at any moment, a friend would be called a foe...and the very next moment...he would be a friend again (lack of memory may be!). Well that was the best part of childhood...many fights...many quarrels...but still no foes..all friends!!

And when the long bell struck, "Oh my god...thank you very much for the day...." in fifteen seconds, the long prayer used to be over, and with that the end of all enmity or jealousy, ego or anger, whatever was present. By the time we walked back home, everyone was a friend again, everyone was happy again, and every shoe was dirty again...

I wish I was a Kid again...no ego...no worries...no anger..no hurries...no enemies...just a ten yr old...who never knew the complexities of life then??? of Guys n gals (boys n girls then)...of love & lust??? We respected our teachers, listened to them, did homework, played crazy games...wrote exams, brought parents to PTA meetings? (actually we didn't bring them, they were called upon)...n wore smart uniforms....We were actually scared of exams n used to study though not daily...My best memories r those of recitations n elecutions n all culturals...Annual days, Christmas celebrations, National holidays, etc etc

Life sure was simple then....Class X was exciting cause...studies, tution, tension, first boards....I thought they wud kill me...

But the innocence is lost, the cute smile is lost, eyes full of hope n joy....all lost forever. Now the eyes r clouded, the twinkle in the eyes is lost, the spring in the steps is lost, I no longer walk I run, always in a hurry, there is tension always...what to do next, where to go next n whom to call next....Jobs, Family, Responsibilities that too on our tiny shoulders which once carried a bag full of books...

I wish I was in School again....


Keep reading, commenting, enjoying & cheering your Life.

Luv u all.
sHeHzU

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...