Welcome to my Blog

Writing For Fun, Friends & Family.

Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1st - My Birthday


Can you believe I turned 26? I almost cannot. Almost!

After not thinking for years, I finally set myself up for a mission to uncover the actual truth about the April fools Day (My Birthday). After researching (Googling), and analyzing various documents, I finally discovered that there are various roots to this day. One of them is taken from Wikipedia which u can read just below.


“The day is marked by the commission of hoaxes and other practical jokes of varying sophistication on friends, enemies and neighbors, or sending them on fools’ errands, the aim of which is to embarrass the gullible.” – Wikipedia

I was wondering how would some one (including me) feel if he/she was born on April 1st. A by-default fool, trademarked by THE God himself. His/Her birthday is like a certificate which says “Certified Fool” and he/she carries it with himself. The most irritating part is that he/she cannot do anything about it.

The person is always scared to socialize with people as he/she fears a very common question may pop up at any moment. “So, whats is your sun sign?”, “BTW, What’s your b’date? Are you an Arian by any chance?”. And the moment he/she tells his b’date, he/she indirectly displays the certificate issued by the highest authority in universe which certifies his distinctive capability. And what follows is laughter, more laughter, more more laughter. The feeling can be compared to a hen who is taken out of the cage at the butcher’s shop and knows that its fate can be sealed at any moment.


Consider this, the person moves into a new office and invites his/her co-workers for his b’day which incidentally falls on April 1st so that he/she can celeberate it with them. When the time arrives, no one comes for the party thinking that its a prank. Imagine the feeling of the b’day guy/gal sitting alone in his decorated house/rented place waiting for the never-to-come guests to arrive. And as this was not enough, when he/she re-invites people explaining that's its not a joke, he/she gets more of the you-think-i-am-a-fool-to-believe-you looks.


Another tragedy happens when people around him get adjusted to the fact that he/she is an April Fool and then no matter what they do, they cannot forget his b’day which adds extra pressure on the guy/gal to in-turn remember everyone's b’day who remember his/her. Just going by statistics here, a normal guy/gal would have around 100 people who would for sure remember his “peculiar” b’date and will call him/her to wish. How on earth you expect him to remember all of them? Human mind is incapable to store such huge information. But any such logical explanation doesn’t serve the purpose when it comes to emotional behavior in society. In the end, the guy/gal might end up getting a “arrogant”/“has-attitude” certificate from some to add to his personality, as if the Certificate from the God himself was not sufficient.


I was just remembering my school days when we all used to celebrate our B'day, we would announce it proudly a week earlier to the entire class about the oncoming auspicious day. And on the auspicious day, we would get ‘sweets’ for everyone irrespective of the fact that they have brought gifts or not. And the whole class very enthusiastically sang a ‘Happy Birthday’ with loud, happy claps and you standing, blushing in the front and whispering a ‘Thank You My friends’ in the end... and then you would get a wet kiss by the teacher on your cheek (which i generally avoided and tactfully wiped off). All in a Happy, happy birthday... no mental math calculation of treat (if any) money or unknown faces asking for ‘treat’.


But alas, good things die early. Now that I am celebrating my ‘auspicious day’ today, I wonder how and why things change. Now it’s more like ‘Happy Birthday (I don’t care), TREAT! (is all that I care about and I can contri any small amount of money for the formal cake and oh yeah I won’t even sing because I am drooling over the cake).


I don’t want a fancy cake with my name in icing. I don’t even want anyone to wish just for the sake of it... all I want are a few wishes that come straight from the heart (and some gifts too! bwahaha) because I need the wishes Ppl! I am growing old and I am not a tad bit happy about it! I had wished I just don’t get up on my birthday and directly wake up on the next day, just skip the 1st! But all wishes never come true, so here am I, fully awake & thinking how to celebrate my Day.

Man, I refuse to grow up.

Anyhow, this is life and thats how it has been for yours truly for past 26 years and I have done well to adjust and make a mark of my own.

Just wanna Thanx to all my Family members, specially my Parents (for their love, care & blessings) & all my loving Friends for their support & care all through these years. Luv u all.

BTW, did I just hear you saying “Happy B’day Shehzad” ? :) (applause) Thank You Thank You

P.S: In case you want to make fun of me, you can reach me @ 9819******. I am also accepting b’day presents in cheques and kind. Emails making fun of me can be sent to shehzadrocks [at] gmail [dot] com.

Keep reading, commenting, enjoying & cheering your Life.

Luv u all.
sHeHzU

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...