Welcome to my Blog

Writing For Fun, Friends & Family.

Monday, May 30, 2011

50th Post Celebration

50th Post Celebration

I've finally reached the big five atlast. Started as a little scribble thought of writing random stuff everyday, never imagined to reach a milestone so fast...I m super excited about it. I feel this will be an apt way to write my 50th post today. I wanna dedicated my 50th Post to my Parents.

I have always been writing about my life and how things are going on with me. For once I want to dedicate a post to my parents -- the ones who always have been providing me with unconditional love no matter what I do or how I am as a person. If they ever stumble upon this blog of mine, they'll hopefully read this post. Let alone the fact that my other posts are going to scare the hell out of them. Ofcourse, they might be surprised that they don't know a lot about me but blogger does and my readers do.

I remember the times when I used to get fed up at home during vacations. I usually never went out with my friends or went for a party or anything till the time I was in school & since I was brought up in a typical orthodox family setup. But the best part was that I was used to it and I never cribbed much about it. Infact, I enjoyed staying with my parents. Why? Because I had the best time to be with them when I was young. I used to be the nice son (i'm still d nice son :-) ) who used to stay at home most of the time and not even complaining about missing the outside world, but actually I was happy & I hardly have many friends at that point of time.

I could find topics to discuss with them.
I could watch cartoons or tv shows with them.
I used to clean up my room & help my mom to get stuff from market (I still do that :-) )
I used to play video games & cricket for hours & I was never been stopped for playing so long nor do they stop me now.
Well, I guess you understood wot I'm talking about.

I do regret those days when I used to be stuck in my room glued to my video games for long hours. There were times when my mother used to knock in and ask me to join for lunch/dinner. My dad used to return from the office and I never bothered asking him how his day was. Not that he cared or anything but still..

My mother used to be alone all day at home when I had college. My dad used to be in office. I used to dread thinking about how lonely her life is. Since we live in a flat system, she never had too many friendly neighbors to talk to. Neither could she make any calls and chat with her relatives for hours cause at that time telephone system was not so advanced & not everyone had that option. I never cared about how bored she was and inspite of all that she still woke up early in the morning just to make us a nice breakfast and send me and my dad off to a happy day. She still cares for all of us.

It hit me one morning when I was standing outside my room, watching her busy cooking food for me & she looked dead tired but she still went on doing her routine without any complain. she used to wait all day till evening for our arrival & she still does & I can make that out.

That day it choked me. I made a promise to myself to always have a talk with her daily no matter how tired I was or how much busy she was in her routine. Always made it a point to join her and watch those sleezy tv serials even when I didn't enjoy it. But it meant a lot to her. I even made it a point to give her company during dinner time so that we all can have a fight over the remote as to who'll be watching what.

Many times she sat down beside me and told me that those little moments during dinner and while watching the tv together is what she waits for the whole day. It made me cry inside. Made me realize that I were so self involved. But is this how we should treat the mothers who aren't working? Sure they'll find hobbies by themselves but we need to give them time. They are our mothers afterall. :) In the end of my busy busy day, if it wasn't for mom, I'd not be able to plan my next day. She always keeps everything ready. And I have stopped taking her for granted so I go out to help her once in a while.

It matters a lot -- not only to my mom or dad but to me too. My Dad is also very close to me & we share a very good rappo with each other..He is my Idol & thnx to him, I am what I am...Just wanna say Thnx to both of them for their Love, Care & all their sacrifices.

Just a note for everyone - Never be too busy to care for your parents.

Keep reading, commenting, enjoying & cheering your Life.

Luv u all.
sHeHzU

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...